M38A1 Steering Gear ???

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@msn.com)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 14:00:51 PST

I recently replaced Steering Bellcrank Shaft. That tightened up the front
end some & eliminated quite of a bit of play. After completion, it not has
shown play & noise in the Steering gear box.

Question: There is visible play in the Steering Gear Shaft & Bearings on
my M38A1. Other than the replacing the Shaft, Bearings & Gasket, should
anything else be replaced while doing the job ???

I prefer doing a thorough job once.

As always, I appreciate all replies from the list.

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1
M-416 Trailer
MVPA, MTA