Re: [MV] Dexron II

From: quiggy (quigstro@netcarrier.com)
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 16:45:05 PST

Dexron III is the same as the previous versions, except it has extra
additives because of all the extra electronics in todays trans's.It replaces
all the previous versions. You can also use Mercon, same stuff. The power
steering is also the hydroboost pump and sometimes they leak.( I guess the
HMMwV uses the standard style GM brake boost system, correct me if I'm
wrong. I never worked on one.) It's just a hydraulic pump, so it don't care
whether it has the additives or not. Brian Q. ASE cert Master Tech, GM cert
tech, Mech Engineering Villanova U. ( for a little while anyway :^) )