Re: [MV] winch pin replacement

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 17:56:30 PST

Yeah, get a BRIGHT LIGHT and see if there is ANY
difference in the greasy area where the pin MIGHT be.
Also, the yoke may have slipped onto or off from the
shaft making it nearly impossible to find the pin
hole. When the pin shears,..... well, I should say
SMEARS everything in there looks the same.

You might have to pull the yoke off, but that's a
pain.

You should be keeping an appropriately sized punch in
your shear pin storage box.

Stop cussing! Changing pins is a whole lot more fun
that changing gears, shafts, etc.

JOe