radio export

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 12:45:17 PST

There is a list member in Great Britain that's asking about the RT 256 Radio
I have on ebay. According to their Postal regs. "Citizens Band Radios,
walkie-talkies, microbugs, and radio microphones that are capable of
transmitting on any frequency between 26.1 and 29.7 megacycles per second
and 88 to 108 Mhz per second." is in the Prohibition list. The info I have
on the radio is " This radio operates over 30 to 75.95 MHz FM in 50 KHz".
Is this Radio in the prohibition frequency and does the U.S. have any
restriction on shipping surplus radios to Great Britain or does anyone know
of a site that would tell me. I did a Google search and didn't turn up any
info I could use. TIA Wayne

Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software — optimizes dial-up to the max!