M151 heater in the old M35

From: GOTaM35 (GOTaM35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 19:29:18 PST

I just finished installing a M151 heater (just the fan and core) in my M35.
Ben putting it off for over a year. After all this ice, it seemed like a
good idea. It worked very well. No big parts under the hood. I can see my
injection pump. I just hung the heater under the glove/map box and hooked
up the hose and one wire. That little fan really puts out. I'm not worried
about fresh air intake. My deuce leaks more air than the presidential
candidates. I plan to leave home next Wednesday at 05:00 and drive 3 hours
to Charleston SC to pick up GL stuff and I figured that heater would be
welcome. Anybody else try this?

I picked up some bows from Ft Jackson yesterday that look like they would go
to a jeep or something that bolt on and fold down. The thing is they are 7
feet wide. There where two new vinyl covers with plastic end glasses in
them. They are fitted and look a lot like a scout car cover. I can't think
of a truck these would go to. Any thought?

And finally, one last question. What is that little compartment in the
drivers floor of my scout car for? Hiding beer? Spare grenades? I really
want to know. It looks just big enough for a fire extinguisher.

Joe Trapp