RE: [MV] OT - but heck I'm a first time Granpa!

From: Stu (stuinnh@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 15:38:00 PST

I have with the rops. I also installed infant seat in M38A1 for my
daughter. Used large footman loops bolted through floor to strap front of
rearward facing carrier down and up tight to back of both front seats, with
a separate strap and footman loop for rear on carrier. Even on trail rides
the seat never moved, and the carrier's strap system held baby in carrier
even if jeep turned over. My daughter slept thru some rough night rides.
She can still do it at 8 and only wakes up for a water crossing. Night
rides at our rally here in New Hampshire can get pretty exciting depending
on how much rain we had between scouting trail out and ride. My wife
learned how to drive 4wd in our 1009 on one of these rides one night. She
also saw another 1009 tip on to it's side during the same ride. I was in
front of her in the Mutt with my daughter complaining how she is hitting her
head on the rops as we bounced over and off the rocks. Night rides are fun.

                "Stu"
 Southern New Hampshire, USA
        "Live Free Or Die"

*Wanted to Buy: MP Red Light for my Mutt windshield*

Military Vehicle Preservation Assoc.
Merrimack Valley Military Vehicle Collectors
Green Mountain Military Vehicle Club
Vehicles:
1967 M151A1 Jeep
1964 M416 1/4 Ton Trailer