M-1009 Light Question

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 20:27:05 PST

Thanks to all who answered my question on where to get a new speedometer for
my M-1009, this list is the best! Jay at Saturn Surplus came through very
fast and with a good price too!

Another question, I got an NOS speedometer sealed in the box. The one
that's in my truck is missing any kind of "filter" or lens for the two holes
in the upper part that light up to indicate that the high beams are on. The
new one came without any kind of "filter" or lens. What goes there to dim
the two VERY bright white lights that come on with the high beams? There
has to be something. Can anyone tell me what it is and most importantly
where I can get one, (or two as the case may be)?

Thanks,

Ed