Brian's CUCV post

From: Jim Zehr (jeeperjim@cox-internet.com)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 19:15:41 PST

Brian,

I read your post and thought you might want to do a search in your state.
Several states have an allowance for licensing a form Military Vehicle
without a license plate by using the military VIN.
Texas, Indiana, and Louisiana are three for sure.
Other states also have this little known, and I emphasize very little known
policy. Most state empoloyees are not even aware of the policy even if they
do have one.
I purchased a boat trailer licen plate bracket and installed it on the left
side of the bumper using one of the bumper mounting bolts.
I did this for a year or so until I found our that my state had this policy
even three different state employees including one state policeman told me
there was no such thing.
Probe hard in your state if this interests you because an MV just looks a
little silly with a license plate mounted on the rear end.
Perhaps other MVers know of other states besides the three that I mentioned
who allow this type of registration.
Jim
jeeperjim@cox-internet