Re: [MV] Duece Owners Only: brake switch repairs

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 05:43:05 PST

A foot note; The hydraulic brake stoplight switch is mounted on the
hydraulic slave cylinder and will turn on the stop lights at any time the
the hydraulic pressure exceeds a certain amount, thus operating the stop
lights. The air operated switch will not work without air, but you can still
brake the vehicle with hydraulics alone to some extent (without the air) in
an emergency.
Conclusion: The switch should be in the hydraulic circuit for proper stop
light warning.
Bjorn