Re: [MV] Rear License Plate Mounting - M1008

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 17:35:39 PST

Hi All...

I have gotten INUNDATED with around 50 email inquiries about Steve's
CUCV license plate mounts! Yikes. I didn't expect that. I'm afraid
I can't answer you all personally, so I will do it here.

Lots of you asked for photos. I don't have any of the mounting
brackets here right now but I will try to get one tomorrow (Monday)
and post pictures tomorrow night or Tuesday morning.

Lots of you asked about availability. I will check with Steve on that
too.

Many of you asked if the license plate will clear the tailgate on a
M1009 or M1008. The answer is yes, but it depends on how you mount
the plate. You may need the optional adapter plate (available for $10
extra, formed stainless steel painted green or sand) which allows you
to adjust the height of the plate precisely to the way you want it.

Many of you asked what they are made of, how it is finished, and how
it is installed. They are made of high-quality formed 16-gauge
stainless steel, and painted in 34094 (383) flat green or 30277 flat
sand. There is a single allen-head cap screw that clamps the whole
thing in place without marring or modifying your CUCV in any way. You
just slide it over the shackle post and tighten the cap screw to clamp
the bracket in place. It looks very tidy and looks like it is
supposed to be there.

There are right and left versions depending on how you want to mount
it...you will need to order the right one.

>Do you have any additional contact info for your friend Steve and any
>pictures of the mounts in use?
>
>I would only need one. There is actually a pretty good standard plate
>mounting point in the center of the front bumper.

Yeah, but you GOTTA have the star displayed in that area. You don't
want to cover it up with anything.

Also, nylon zip ties for attaching a license plate are pretty ghetto
if you ask me. I guess they're OK for getting a fix-it ticket signed
off. ;)

Thanks!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See These Trucks at www.CUCV.NET Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic TMs at www.MILDOCS.com