Re: [MV] USS Cole and M816 wrecker question

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 09:14:45 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: <uniquemachine@cybcon.com>
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 9:02 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] USS Cole

> WOW!
>
> That is very impressive.

I imagine the wogs responsible thought so...oh wait...pink mist.

Nevermind.

Obligatory HMV content: I've been warned that the 'compression fitting' you
find at the end of winch cables and things like the M816's wrecker boom are
now illegal in a lot of areas. Has anyone had one come off, or even had the
slightest problem with them either in the service of the Queen (or Prez) or
in semi-retirement as collector vehicles? I just don't see an issue there
unless the casting on the fitting itself cracks, and...I can't see that
either. <shrug> Guess the gum'mint knows best...<*cough*>