Re: [MV] M35 Air Coupler Gasket

From: J. Wiehe (j.wiehe@sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 08:58:49 PST

I've heard them called all kind of things.
Glad hand gaskets.
Glad hand packing rings
Air line rubbers
Air line gaskets.

You should be able to get them at any truck stop.

There are usually 2 sizes. The ones on the trailer
have a larger " face " that covers all of the contact point.
The ones on the truck fit just over the contact point on
the gald hand and are usually covered with a dummy
connector to keep dirt out.

The ones that I have mentioned are in use by commercial
trucks today.

If you can, take an old one to a truck stop and see what they have.

Jim Wiehe VA3JHW
j.wiehe@sympatico.ca