Humvee Height

From: Baker, George R. - Eastman (grbaker@eastman.com)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 08:04:40 PST

I started with a shelter carrier chassis to build my Slantback on and I
know that it is not recommended that you drive the SC unloaded because
of the sharp angle of the halfshafts. My question is this; will the
added weight of the Slantback top (mine has the steel turret hatch)
offset the load of the shelter? Can some of you guys out there with
Humvees equipped with radials give me the measurement from the ground to
the center of the rear fender well (tire opening) so I can compare it to
mine. I have looked at several pictures of different Humvee
configurations and mine seems no taller than most and even shorter than
others.

George R. Baker
Eastman Streaming Media
Eastman Chemical Company