Re: [MV] Humvee Height humvee maintenance

From: ALEJANDRO CHAVEZ (achavezv_gm@yahoo.com.mx)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 12:44:06 PST

Vernon,
       I saw one some time in ebay for around 10 K
18K for a running unit sounds good but probably this
is only a running humvee (only running)
You can upgrade all of the components in an 85 model
to get all the inprovements
the 6.5L engine and 4L80e transmission probably cost
more
but if you don´t want the original engine I will go
for a more power also
if you look for a newer model than 85 the price
probably increase
       About maintanence I think it is overestimated
of what I investigate before I buy mine

All of the work can be done with some time and the
required amount of beer

If you buy an 85 like mine
Probably you will invest in new parts around 2.5 K if
you need to upgrade basic suspension, steering, engine
diesel injection and starting system to have a truck
that you can trust

Don´t always belive the odometer ear the noise of the
engine and smeall the smoke of it

Alejandro
Would y'all be kind enough to educate me as to a