I-70 crash and Towbars

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 23:18:51 PST

Gang, just a friendly pointer in light of that reported crash with the
deuces. If you're going to put a deuce on a towbar and tow it with another deuce or
smaller vehicle, take the time to move some weight from the towed truck to the
towing truck. I pull all 4 rear axle shafts for obvious reasons but I also
pull all 4 outside duals as well as the spare tire and batteries. This alone
gets around 1000# off of whats pushing you and onto an axle with brakes. I speak
not only from the common sense point of view but also from experience. It's
all too easy just to snap on the towbar and go but take the time to do the right
thing.

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee FL
71 A.M. General M35A2