M35 Rollover

From: shoop19@brick.net
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 16:31:38 PST

Gentlemen,

These guys were towing another M35 on flat terrain and were making 45 to
50 mph tops, if that, and at sunrise they were struck from behind by a
semi, traveling at least 65 but more likely 70+ mph, causing loss of
control, and breakup and rollover of the tow vehicle. Both occupants were
thrown and killed instantly.

Figure that the Illinois State Police are doing a forensic investigation
of the fatality accident. Early morning, sunrise, tired driver???? Who
knows. I advocate slow moving military vehicles be brightly lit up by
amber beacons just as done by the Army. Its is a true shame.

I am checking into the trucks they bought. They might be the ones I looked
at last summer. One was a great truck, go anywhere, the second one ran
well but had no front brakes.....

God Speed to those lost their lives.

Jon