[MV] powerplant heater diode box

From: D O (dohe69@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 09:46:11 PST

Does anyone know what function the diode box (part #11641161) performs in
this application? The diode is part of the powerplant installation kit,
part #12301229, which I don't have. There are 3 wires coming out of the
diode box per the parts illustration. One wire goes into the heater control
box wiring harness, the other appears to go to the battery box and
terminates in a packard connector, and the 3rd wire's destination is not
shown.

The diode box is supposed to be bolted to the steering column support under
the dash. I don't see it in use for any of the personnel heater
applications.

Check out the great features of the new MSN 9 Dial-up, with the MSN Dial-up
Accelerator. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/