RE: [MV] amber flashing lights

From: Mike Maynard (mike@wesleyscott.com)
Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 11:12:38 PST

It is interesting to see the comments about this regarding the Amber
light. In an OSHA training class for the volunteer fire dept I belong
to, we had a retired state trooper (NY) tell us why the trooper cars all
had an amber lens on the back of the lightbar now. It seems that drunks
would run into the back of their cars all the time on the side of the
expressway... they started putting just one amber blinking light on the
back of the lightbar along with all the red, and they haven't had an
accident since... I personally run an amber light anytime I am doing
anything 'stupid' on the road. Now keep in mind that my definition of
stupid here is really abnormal. I would like to purchase a set of
convoy lights for my M35, but the boss tells me I cant spend the
money... (give her credit.. she let me buy the truck!!)

Mike