Re: [MV] amber flashing lights

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 11:45:33 PST

My comment was on the amber light when stopped, not when moving.

Personally, when moving slowly at night I would have lights but perhaps
also a box of really large nails rigged in dump bin: if you see a big rig
coming up fast just dump the nails <G>

Walter Mathew used an old pickup in the movie Hopscotch to do this with
oil/grease. I feel my use of nails is more humane: wouldn't necessarily
cause the approaching rig to flip over whereas the grease/oil would.

Thinking on the slow moving truck, is there a vehicle which would survive
being rear ended by a big rig relatively intact? The only thing I could
think of was a full size bus. It would have to be something without a 5th
wheel or articulation I would think..The LARC ( sp? ) comes to mind, but I
recall it being 40' wide? still, with the angle of the bow/stern trucks
might bounce off it all night and not destroy it.

         Paul