Re: [MV] APC on ebay?

From: John Stewart-Smith (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 00:29:50 PST

Interesting.... I looked it up, here it is:

BERLIN, Germany (Reuters) -- German police seized a 10-ton armored personnel
carrier that two men had put up for auction online, authorities said on
Tuesday.

"The men bought the tank from the Greek army and brought it to Germany. They
were evidently looking to turn a profit," said a police spokesman in the
state of Hesse.

The 24.5 foot long amphibious Russian BTR 60, found in the town of Raunheim,
no longer had guns but was still fully armor-plated, which meant it
contravened German law.

The Greek and German owners had to breach the armor to render it useless for
combat and then proceeded with the sale, fetching $11,000, but are being
investigated for possibly violating weapons laws.

The tank can be driven on German roads with a proper permit.

Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 10:46 PM
Subject: [MV] APC on ebay?