M211 Blowing headlamps: help!

From: Caleb Pal, Network Operations (sysop@spitfire.homelinux.com)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 20:57:38 PST

Hello all,

Well in the last 2 days my M211 has blown the high beam and low beam on one
lamp, and the low beam on another lamp, both on the drivers side. I cant
seem to find the problem. The light seems brighter than usual, like its
getting more power, and the passenger side one seems sorta dim, but maybe
its just me. It had a blue glazing on the inside when I first turned it on
last night after replacing it. Today it blew the low beam, and later this
afternoon it blew the high. The passenger side is fine, both low and high
work. Any ideas? Could it be a bad ground? No clue, very annoying. I only
have one bulb left on the parts truck, and at $40 a pop, this could get
expensive fast :(

Thanks so much!

Caleb

Military Vehicles I regularly drive or own:

1952 GMC XM211 2.5 Ton Cargo Truck W/Winch (Mine)

1952 GMC M135 2.5 Ton Cargo Truck (parts truck) (Mine)

1984 M1009 "CUCV" 3/4 Ton Multi-Purpose Vehicle (Mine)

1986 M1008 "CUCV" 1 1/4 Ton Truck (FD)

1971 M35A2 AMG 2.5 Ton Cargo Truck (FD)

1954 M107A2 400 Gallon Water Buffalo (FD)