Re: [MV] M211 Blowing headlamps: help!

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 04:40:11 PST

Caleb:

Have the stock 24-volt headlamps been converted to 12 volts? Did you take a
digital Voltmeter and test the battery voltage, while the engine is running?
These dVm's are inexpensive ($20 at Radio Shack), and necessary in
diagnosing automotive electrical problems. With the main switch off, and
engine not running, you should read about 12 volts per battery. With the
engine running, and charging circuit working properly, you should read in
the range of 13.8 to 14.2 volts on each battery, or 27.6 to 28.4 at any
point on the truck where (nominal) 24 volts is present. If your voltage
regulator is defective, you may get a lot more than that, which will fry
your lights. Have the other, smaller lamps blown out, too?

Arthur

"A gentleman does not motor about after dark" Joseph Lucas, 1842-1903