RE: [MV] Radio Question

From: Glen Closson (glen@closson.com)
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 15:10:30 PST

 I have used my 6 meter ham equipment to talk to my 524 and it works, but:
1. The received signal on the 524 is clear, but low in volume
(bandwidth issue).
2. The received signal on the ham unit is loud and somewhat distorted
(bandwidth issue).
3. The 150Hz tone (new) squelch is not a standard CTSS tone, so you may
have to use "old" (noise) squelch.

As we all like green toys, the best thing is to get a green radio to talk to
the 524.

Regards,

Glen
May the Joys of today be those of tomorrow!
May the goblet of life hold no dregs of sorrow!