Re: [MV] m35 soft pedal??

From: grntrks@juno.com
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 18:05:14 PST

Leaky wheel cylinders will allow air to seep into the hydraulics and give
a "soft" pedal.
So will a master cylinder that is bypassing internally.
Both situations can sometimes be repaired by rebuilding said unit, but I
preferr to replace a faulty cylinder with NOS unit.
You can bleed the system and perhaps get the pedal back but, most likely,
you have an impending brake failure in future.
IMHO,

Frank Cox (grntrks@juno.com)
Vietnam 1966
'45 GMC 353 DUKW
'66 M35A2 w/w
'68 M105A1

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 15:38:56 -0500 SETOYOTA@aol.com writes:
> Other than the loss of air pressure and brake fluid what could be the
> cause of a soft brake pedal in an M35A2? The truck has not been
> used since late October and it now has a very soft pedal. Had to
> push it to the floor. Any ideas? This was yesterday and have not
> had time to look over my TM's as i have to work all day today.
>
> Thanks
>
> Chuck Herbert
>
> 42 GPW
> 43 T16