Re: [MV] M939 cab top forsale or trade

From: C M Barber (cmbtowtoo@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 15:27:11 PST

   I'm a lurker type. I'm wondering if there is any old M-34 6x6 trucks
around any where.I used to drive one pulling a 105 howitser in the 50's
mostly in Japan and Okinawa.
   Took one 1/2 way up Mt. Fuji past where the Jeeps had been.. Was a
big deal then. Now I think there is a freeway going up there. Times sure
change.
   That truck was almost impossible to get stuck. Except when on the
beach in sand. We used to just pull the throttle out, put it in 1st gear
low transfer. Go sit and have a few cool ones and watch them eventually
get off the beach. Inch by inch. Sometimes over an hour or so.
    The ones we had were Reo and Diamond T engines if I recall right.
Very good running engines too. If there is a fixxer upper around let me
know. Thanks. Chuck
http://cmbtow.com