RE: [MV] CUCV M1008 oil question

From: Glenn Shaw (wolf.star@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 16:37:28 PST

Hi Bruce
You are OK since GM states in their manual for these engines that you
should never run 10W40 under any circumstances. This repeated in the
manual with the warning that engine warrantee will be void. GM
recommends 15W40 or 10W30 Diesel rated oil. The Army TM recommends
either straight 30W or 10W30 Diesel rated oil. So you are fine with
30W, 10W30, or 15W40 depending on ambient temps the truck will see.

Glenn
M1009