Blasting Small Parts and fillers

From: Tim Korade (tkorade@sau48.k12.nh.us)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 07:17:47 PST

The silver POR-15 does a good job of filling pits in metal, they also have various fillers. Stay away from the "bondo" type fillers as they are hydroscopic (absorb water) and will swell and cause rust, use epoxy or polyester based products, I've used a product called "tigers hair" for years. I saw a frame that was very pitted done with the silver POR-15 then with CHASSISCOAT BLACK by POR, looked like it just came out of the factory, POR sells sample kits for low $$ so you can play with it.
TimK..