Re: [MV] SME Export/ Nuts GL prices

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 10:03:58 PST

> > The prices are going crazy these days at GL.
>
>...where do all these bidders get the
> money to spend on Uncle's garage-sale leavings?

Yeah. How about the person who spent $16,700 on an M816 wrecker (advertised as an M543) that *HOPEFULLY* runs ands drives with no problems. Figuring 5% tax and 10% BP, that's $19288.50, and it hasn't even moved off of the lot!!!!!!! Ranchers Supply has a nice looking M816 that you can test drive for $12500. I see M816's advertised for $14-16K all the time that need nothing and I can drive them! Who is buying these trucks!?!?!?

I hope whoever paid $5600-$5700 for the M1028A3's in Hawaii, lives on the island. If not, they'll be almost $9-10K trucks once they get to the west coast!!! I can buy a running, low mileage M1028 and convert it for way less than that!!!! Hopefully, they did not think they were actually A2 models, as GL's site stated. If they were hoping for an NP205, they're going to be disappointed. Then again, if they were bidding on them specifically for the NP205, then shame on them. They should have known better, just from the pics....

I keep going back to the thought that once enough people get burned, the prices will come back in line. Of course, the other problem is that there's a sucker born everyday, so, maybe we are doomed forever.....