[MV] California DMV

From: George Carey (GeCarey@rcn.com)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 08:05:24 PST

I did a follow up call with the DMV Investigator, I have been
in contact w/. It looks like they are now in a holding pattern for
inspections. I probed him a bit further to find out what "tripped" this
investigation.. He told me that this was an audit item from Sacramento,
combined with the infamous letter from AMG caused them to take a look at
our vehicles. Sounds like this was/is a random thing believe it or
not.... I am shocked..... Anyway, I asked him if it had anything to do
w/ how they were acquired and so on along those lines. He told me that
they were interested in how they came out of the govt. but that was not
really an issue.
SO..... looks like we ducked the artillery barage for now......

What was the final call on the HMMWV owner in CA who was going to be
visited
by the Motor Vehicle big brothers? Last I saw, the visit was cancelled.
What were they looking for? Did it get posted....maybe I missed it?

Any info is appreciated

Lar

<mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>