Re: [MV] Sprag to Air shift conversion

From: Bill & Bonnie Prestin (bprestin@chartermi.net)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 18:26:19 PST

I think what "Sandman9" is talking about is swapping out the entire transfer
case. I wanted to convert mine, and when I disassembled it, I found that the
shaft ends under the front housing are different than the ones in the
air-lock type transfer case. You would have to change the entire upper and
center gear shafts, some of the main gears, and the front housing with
internal parts too. It is much easier to change the entire transfer case
out. And cheaper.

You could also get the manual shift kit from Memphis. This matches the gear
ratio of the front axle and rear axle just like the air lock transfer case..

Bill