RE: [MV] WW II OD (was) Original paint color for M135?

From: Steve Randall (srandall64@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 19:06:45 PST

I just checked Rapco and Military-Markings and they both agree:

#33070 41-43 (Early WW11 Darker OD)
#319 44-45 (late WW11 Lighter OD)

So after all the replies I've recieved, (THANK YOU!) my question would be?
Is my 52' GMC M135 suppose to be #23070 or #24087? Because they overlap and
I've heard both answers..More lean to #24087 but why not #23070?

#23070 Late WW11 to mid-50's
#24087 Mid 50's to Post vietnam

Thanks,
Steve
("really confused now")

>From: MVTrucker@aol.com
>Subject: [MV] WW II OD (was) Original paint color for M135? Date: Wed, 25
>Feb 2004 20:57:52 -0500
>
>Jim,
>You could be right, I don't know. When I was restoring
>my 1945 MB, Baxter at AJP advised me that 319 was the
>color for late MB's. I recall reading one of his ads
>a while back and he now lists 319 as the color for 1944
>and earlier. I always thought that the 319 seemed kind
>of light, but I've never parked alongside a WWll Jeep
>painted in the "early" color so I could make a comparison.
>As I ststed in my prior mail, Rapco lists 319 as "late".
>I depended on the paint dealers for tech info on colors.
>Joe

Steve Randall

Dream of owning a home? Find out how in the First-time Home Buying Guide.
http://special.msn.com/home/firsthome.armx