Re: [MV] Value of Humvee parts

From: International Movie Services (ims@telus.net)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 08:52:57 PST

I've been purchasing Humvee suspension parts from the recycling (scrapyard)
at Fort Lewis, Washington. You have to be patient, but nearly all
suspension/driveline parts are available. I would guess that a fair total
for all would be about $1000.00-that seems to be what I manage to spend
every time I'm in there! The kicker is that they won't ship or cherrypick.
You have to physically go there and spend hours going through the piles of
metal!
Might be worth a trip to Tacoma!!
Cheers!
Ian