Re: [MV] Michigan historic plate info

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 09:00:11 PST

Wow, and she said that with confidence? Most of the BMV people in Indiana
don't know what to say or to do when I talk to them about Mil vehicles and
historic vehicles. When you ask them about CDLs, they ask how big it is
and then say it requires a CDL. Then you ask why none of the Farmers who
drive semi's have CDLs and they are stumped. Things like "really" and
"that can't be true" come out of their mouths. The cops ask: Are you
driving commerically and hauling someone else's freight - if so you need a
CDL, otherwise no.

I have historic vehicle tags on my M51 dump but it's only because they
(BMV) could not follow the Indiana law (they had no procedure in place to
do it) to conform to the statutes that discuss the licensing of MVs.

Dave

--
Dave