Re: [MV] Another paint question....

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 07:29:08 PST

Greg,

>While everyone's talking paint - does anyone have a source for the "sea foam
>green" (or whatever they call it) color for AFV interiors?

I have a paint listing here (not official), they list a color 24533
(semi-gloss) or 34533 (flat) as being "Green (engine compartment, M113 &
Bradley)". I think it's also generically called "sea-foam green". You
should be able to go to any automotive or industrial paint dealer (not house
paint) and they should have the FED-STD-595 color book. Take a peak at the
above numbers, if that is it then they should be able to mix you that color
in any kind of paint you'd want. Not sure why everybody thinks that you can
only get this kind of paint from Aervoe or Gillespie, all they are doing is
marketing the existing federal standard colors to the MV crowd.

later,

je