Re: [MV] Finally got one! But still wondering..

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 23:33:05 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "m35products" <m35prod@optonline.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 29, 2004 10:43 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] Finally got one! But still wondering..

> Don't worry, it does not "kill" the air compressor, or any other
component.
> As a mil-spec, government-approved modification (NSN 2530-01-388-4240) it
is
> a proven product that has been in use for over 40 years. It will reduce by
> half the forces necessary to steer the truck.

So I was wrong earlier and the Gov't *did* use the Air-O-Matic on the 2.5
tons then? If so, what were the criteria for deciding which trucks got the
system and which did not? Did they install them in some commands only?
Reason I'm asking is that I've seen lots and lots of deuces, but never one
with the power setup.