RE: [MV] Finally got one! But still wondering..

From: Glenn Shaw (wolf.star@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 10:12:30 PST

Hi Art
Thanks for the info. Nice product.

Glenn

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of m35products
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 10:19 PM
To: Military Vehicles Mailing List
Subject: Re: [MV] Finally got one! But still wondering..

Good evening, Mr. Shaw:

The list price, for comparison, is $1395.00. We sell them for $1000 plus
shipping. Fire departments and other local government users pay $950
because the feds tell us to sell them for that. ("Federal bid list
price") Repeat or multiple purchase customers pay $950. Sometimes we pay
the shipping if it appeals to us. Sometimes we give them away to rural
FD's who don't have any money.

To install a non mil-spec hydraulic system would cost about $1200 in
parts, and quite a bit of labor. Our kit can be installed by most
anyone with a set of wrenches in under 4 hours. Ours will not lock up in
the event that the engine stalls or air is lost. Hydraulic systems
will.

There are 8 authorized dealers. Some other guys (non-dealers) advertise
them at $995, or even less, but when you call them, they don't have any
in stock. Be careful to ask what the date codes are, so that you can be
assured that you are buying new stock, not something that has travelled
from the factory to us to several other dealers to the guy who has it
for sale. Dealers can decipher the date codes. Others cannot. That's
why they call'em codes.

Basically, we will not let anyone walk away without one if they really
need one. One old gal called and wanted to give one to her husband who
had just gotten his M35 restoration done, then he had a stroke. She
couldn't afford the retail price, so I said to Mrs. Bloom "Why not just
sell her one at cost?" So we did.

The bookkeeper was not thrilled, but she got over it. Didn't you, dear?

A P B