RE: [MV] HMMWV slave problem now no power

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 08:35:45 PST

Chuck,
Loose connections are murder on regulators. Go back and make sure the deuce
is now in good condition.

Check the charging voltage and the batteries themselves on the deuce and let
us know what you find out.

If you disconnect the connections to a "dead" battery while the generator is
running, you may cause a, so called, load dump to occur, which means that
the generator momentarily puts out a voltage spike of over a 100 (hundred)
volts. This spike can cause all kinds of damage to the electrical system of
a vehicle.
Bjorn

>From: SETOYOTA@aol.com
>Subject: [MV] HMMWV slave problem now no power
>Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 09:45:01 -0500
>
>Hello
>
>I was using my HMMWV to slave a M35 and have encountered a problem. While
>starting the deuce the HMMWV shut down and now acts as if the batteries are
>dead. The wait light blinks on for a millisecond and none of the lights
>work. I am sure no power is getting to the starter or any of the
>accessories
>
>When the truck shut down the batteries were very hot and I noticed a little
>smoke coming from the slave receptacle. I tested the batteries and they
>still show 12+ volts.
>
>I have fried something I suppose. Any ideas what it could be? Maybe a
>ground wire. What do you think? I checked the -34 and nothing in the
>trouble shooting covers this. All my other TM's are locked in storage as
>I have been moving.
>
>Thanks
>Chuck Herbert

Get business advice and resources to improve your work life, from bCentral.
http://special.msn.com/bcentral/loudclear.armx