GL-auction: Anyone know what they pay for the stuff they auction off? Here's one clue...

From: J (W7LS@blarg.net)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 16:51:53 PST

I won an auction for an M52A2 5 ton tractor. It was missing several
pieces, but was restoreable. It had a winch and most of the expensive
stuff still there. Towed it home. I finally got the Form 97, a year
later. On the form, it listed the purchase price (I assume it was what
GL paid), and it was for a whopping $36 and change. That strikes me as a
pretty good deal. The 'gratuity' I paid GL was about 4 times that, as I
recall. Maybe I'm in the wrong business..... Anyone else ever look at
the purchase prices on their Form 97s? Jim