Re: [MV] towbar pins

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 05:23:22 PST

Hmm, on the topic of these pins, my towbar was a couple of pins short when I
got it. Actually it have the pins from the front shackles with it and the TM
warns against using them. I had a friend turn me some just like the originals.
He recommended and bought a specific steel for it and I have no idea what it
was other than expensive. Once the pins were done he oil quenched them for
surface hardness. Have been using them regularly for about 3 years now without any
indication of wear or problems. It wasn't the cheap way out but they look
right and work perfectly.
Kenny