m35 turn signal problems continue

From: Willie McClain (wiandci@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Mar 07 2004 - 18:00:05 PST

Thanks to everybody that replied. First thing I did was clean the ground on
the steering column. Then I cleaned the ground wire that comes out of the
back of the plug at the solid state flasher unit. Used new nuts and bolts to
remount the flasher. They had allot of corrosion. I also made up a ground
wire from the bolt on the flasher to a bracket that's bolted to the frame.
They are still real dim. I took the turn signal flasher apart and cleaned
the contacts. That didn't help either. Could it be the flasher unit or do
they quit working all together when they go bad ? Can the three lever switch
be taken apart to see if there's anything wrong with it ? I found the three
lever switch for sale for $59.00 but couldn't find anywhere to get the solid
state flasher. which should I get first ? Is there anything else that I can
check ? Thanks again for all the help, Willie