Re: [MV] GL

From: International Movie Services (ims@telus.net)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 14:13:23 PST

So that all on the list know I personally have nothing but praise for the GL
staff at Fort Lewis, Washington. They are 100% easier to deal with and more
professional than their DRMO predecessors. Their problems are caused by:
1). Gate escort: There are only two GL reps at Lewis and the gate is a 1/2
hour round trip. I guess they could hire more personnel but as far as I know
the security detail at the commercial gate are using commonsense and
clearing through those with legitimate business.
2). EUC: This is a policy imposed on GL by DRMO/DRMS/Homeland security. I
believe GL is fighting for a more common sense approach to the designation
of materiel requiring an EUC. My opinion at least at Lewis is that the old
DRMO personnel are being as obstructive as possible in their dealings with
the GL staff; items that are passed for sale at other bases are
scrapped/withheld or designated EUC category without any attempt at a
co-operative attitude.
I do miss the old "paddle" auctions but I don't miss the 0300 drives to
arrive on base by 0730 to inspect for an austion starting at 0900. Then you
were given a very narrow "window" to remove your items from DRMO.
Cheers!
Ian