595B color specs

From: Jim Zehr (jeeperjim@cox-internet.com)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 07:05:38 PST

Many of us have been to this site as Brian has mentioned with his attached
link. Thanks Brian for the ones who have not known about this previously.

The problem is that even a name brand like DuPont has a problem with some of
the older colors.

Not everyone can magically pull this color up in their computer like they
should be able to do.

I've been fighting with my local dealer to match 24087 and 23070 for weeks
of and on.

I suppose the best way to match a color exactly is to have the authentic
sample and have them zap it with their $70,000 gun to have it create it's
own mix formula.

They say that the colors are too old. My thought is that the Spec is still
the spec. So what does it matter how old the color is? If it is a federal
standard is should still be able to be pulled up and mixed.

Does anyone have experience with Gillespie 24087 sitting outside in bright
southern areas? I'm curious as to how long it will hold up in the bright
sunny climates of the southern part of the US.

My 2 cents.

Jim Z.