towing trucks

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 02:17:59 PST

I have question about drive shafts and towing

I certainly agree that shafts should be taken out for towing -- However I
had to have my M139 towed because of flat on front tire and I did not feel
up to changing 1400X20 with hand tools on side of road. I was close to home
(25 miles) so I called tow truck.

Truck was picked up by wheel lift on tow truck under front axle.
Tranmission and transfer case were both in neutral, front wheels turned as
truck was being towed. I understand why, but, brings question to mind.. If
I were driving; not in all wheel drive and rear wheels spun in mud, would
front end start to pull even with transfer case in neutral???

Everette