Re: Re: [MV] M35 6 bolt PTO

From: rcakitty@verizon.net
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 16:48:58 PST

  We-l-l-l, not necessarily. I should have gone a little further with my previous post. The PTO openings in the transmissions are the same and SAE standard(6-bolt,8-bolt,etc)BUT the PTO input gears(the gear that is driven by the transmission) is transmission specific(unfortunately). I don't know about the T-18/3000 Spicer situation - - but I would doubt it. As to why not a 8 or 10-bolt opening - - it has to due with the size of the transmission and its intended usage. As transmissions go, the Spicer 3000 series is on the small end so the expected PTO demands can be handled by a 6-bolt PTO. You should be able to get a good used PTO for your $200 or less. Hope this helps! Robert Anderson