Got the Deuce tale, w/Questions ..Long

From: Cliff S (mtnbikinssgt@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 21:17:23 PST

Well everybody and listers I finally got the deuce on the 9th, Whew.....Hunter you have some wonderful people working for you!! cough cough!!!  Picked up the truck, M35A2C W/W hardtop from March and only had to print my name on the paper I already had.  Good friend Dan towed me back to the temporary home with his M52(?) 5 ton tractor, which worked out excellent.  Thanks again Dan.  Only had to rig up our lights with an extention cord- Dans marvelous Idea- awsome!  I was the pick up vehicle (Nissan Crew Cab), both of us using flashing yellow lights and averaging about 45 MPH.

On the final inspection at the home, I have seen the truck twice personally, I need some items that would make it run by the end of next week.  So here goes with the list:

upper radiator hose, lower radiator hose, low pressure lines from each injector and back to pump, inner tubes for 10 tires (I have the tires already)

Other questions I have for the real knowledgeable on the list is how to date a deuce, not the women kind I have a great one of those (right Luanne!!!).  Here are some of the #'s I retrieved off of the SN's today.  Some of this data might not mean anything but here goes:  Tires have a 3 chevron cut in the tread on the NDT's.  Bumper is labeled like this: 40-1/160I        HQ-131.  Rear axle has 5     4   71   N    1 on the axle itself, SN 000002.  Front axle is 5   6   11   NK   1 w/SN 007050.  The winch has 7538700   08/8 on the left side.  Rims have B70G 2Y ORD 7389620W2 on them.  So does anyone have any clues to the manufacturer date?

Other than that I should have the Historic plates on it soon, as I will be putting it in the parades again, along with the Mule in the back of the Dodge, and the Dodge in the back of the Deuce!!!!

Thanks for your time and welcome all the info this great list can produce.  By the way for those of you who dont know me, The EUC cleared in a short 7 months (Hey Hunter!!!!).   All of my toys will be with me on Camp Pendleton when I get the M35 a running!

Thanks again All!

Cliff Smith
'71? AMG M35A2C
'77 M880
'68 M274A5
'?? M416 (Flatbed)
MVPA #26244

One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – download MSN Toolbar now!