CCG=Control Commission Germany - REME - more

From: kdf38@netzero.com
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 18:27:54 PST

What could the three letter acronym "PRS" mean on a 1946 VW that is painted in the Brittish CCG Green color?
(Control Commission Germany, the British controlled section of Germany after WW2. About 26 May 1945/ 3 Jun 1945 to 1949 or later )
21st British Army Group
BAOR

Is it some section of the REME or ???
(Royal Electrical & Mechanical Engineers)

My 1947 was, I believe, part of an order of 20,000 VWs that the British placed for the VW factory to build while the Brititsh were in charge of the Volkswagen factory.

Thanks,
Mike