Anybody coming to Aberdeen from Missouri?

From: John Seidts (jseidts@astory.com)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 05:54:20 PST

Esteemed list members,
        If you know someone or are yourself coming to Aberdeen (Churchville)
MD rally from Missouri or nearby this year, I am looking to have an item
transported to the state, specifically South Platte MO. I am trying to help
out a restorer of a WWII airplane get an aileron there for a little less
than the $110.00 UPS wants to charge to move an odd-sized parcel there. The
package measures approximately 6" X 16" X 96" (give or take an inch or two)
and weighs 13#. It is already boxed in double wall corrugated board, so
would make the journey okay in a pickup bed or trailer. The only
qualification to this is that you can't stack your mortar baseplate
collection on top of it- it might not be too airworthy after that! He has
already paid me for the UPS, but I said I would ask my "alternate" shipping
route carriers if anybody could help him. If you'd like to make some gas
money by getting this item to him, I'm sure he would appreciate it, and I'd
be paying you cash at Aberdeen when I deliver it to you. Thanks!