Re: [MV] Humvee wheel size?

From: Ted Hils (tedhils@cyber-south.com)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 06:27:18 PST

    We have put the Humvee tires on several M1008s. Humvee rims fit on the
back, but not on the front axle of a M1008. The stock rim center cutout is
not large enough to go over the front hub. You can have the hole enlarged,
but I wonder if the strength of the rim would be somewhat compromised.
    If you want to have matching 16.5 rims, you need to use Ford or Dodge
16.5 x 8 rims. The 36" and 37" tires will both fit on them. Even though
they fit, without a lift kit, your front tires will scrub against the fender
quarter panel area in tight turns or regular turns on uneven ground.
Ted

Ted Hils
Ted's Trucks 'N Stuff
1181 County Road 560