RE: [MV] 5 ton generator?

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 06:50:24 PST

Hi Adam,
You may be able to fix the generator yourself. I replaced the brushes on
mine a few years ago. The back cover comes off and it's not too difficult to
install new brushes, which were available from Memphis Equipment at the time
(I'm assuming that we are discussing the DC generator and not an
alternator).
With the DC generator, make sure the regulator is still in working order. It
is far more likely to fail than the generator.
Good luck,
Bjorn