M151 tranny cover bolts

From: candlewickjeep2@webtv.net
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 08:19:13 PST

Hi folks, recently I asked if the bolts on this cover were hex or
slotted. Found out real quick that they were hex. But I failed to ask
one question about the hex heads.

Is the head of the bolt FLAT across the top or is it the COUNTERSUNK
type? I say countersunk for lack of better description. In going
through about my 200 pounds of M151 bolts and stuff I've found both
types of hex heads....flat and countersunk. On the flat heads the star
washer's teeth go out....on the countersunk they go in toward the bolt.

If you need more of my confused description, please let me know.

Thanks
Mike Pilcher